Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Beans & Barley - 595-597 Green Lanes (Demirci Centre). [ SECRETLY OPEN ]

So walking down Green Lanes, and Beans and Barley have secretly opened its doors. I had a stroll around and i am very impressed with the decor and range of products it has on sale. One side of the shop is a grocery store selling organic products and the other side has seats to enjoy your coffee.  This will be my new spot for now. Loved the coffee.

Great one guys, hope it goes all well.

I have been told official opening will be Saturday.

Views: 2231

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bought a couple of products. Nice selection, hope it does well.

Nice decor

Just been in and quite enjoyed my coffee. Im now in Blend having another and also enjoying it. Your aversion to 'silly' wired lights must really hamper your choice of venues on Green Lanes (Bun and Bar, Jam in a Jar and Autograph all have 'silly' lighting). Enjoy Costa.

This is what a nice coffee lounge looks like. Prices slightly lower than Costa too

Was surprised to see it open on Wednesday too – and good job it was as I couldn’t get down Green Lanes because of the flood!!  B&B have already said they have met Paul and Ebony at HLS and don’t want to be in competition with them.  Harringay residents need to support all the local places in order for all of them to stay open…  I’m excited about having options, with Costa not ever being one of them!!

Indie coffee shops are now seen as "trendy", but is this not just a reaction to the dominance of chains. The competition has made the independent sector stand up and offer something better - focus on decor, better food offering, locally sourced...etc. As it is cyclical chains have suddenly tried to individualise their offering.  

I agree I would go to Costa if it was the only good option, like at a motorway service station for example. 

Hi all,

Great to hear some feedback - although, some inaccurate. 

We are independent. We don't have a large backing behind us, in fact we are in quite a bit of debt ;) and also not looking to take out any other local businesses. We believe we have a good relationship with HLS & Blend, and as some of you are aware, competition isn't a bad thing after all.

Wednesday we opened our doors for the first time and had a soft opening to test all our equipment, staff etc. We are pretty pleased with the outcome and the amazing feedback we've had so far. We will be having a larger range of stock, which will grow as local customers provide us with more requests.

Just want to thank everyone for their support so far. Tomorrow (Sat, 30th May) we will be holding our opening ceremony at 1pm - we would like to invite everyone for free coffee, wine tasting & health and beauty sampling.

Hope to see everyone there! & sorry for the last minute notice.

Irfan & Charlie.

Went in on Thurs - stocked up on Faith in Nature stuff; good selection, fair prices as far as I could see. I wasn't bothered by the dangly lights (!!)Like the fact you can shop then have a coffee in the same place. Really good coffee, too. I see no reason why B&B can't do well, along with Blend and others. I like Costa too. This is not a crime

Great! team Jumble Trail are coming in tomorrow to try you guys out, better late than never  Have you heard about the event we are having on the Ladder if you like the idea maybe you guys might like to support us by promoting on your networks too. We have 14 stalls (houses) registered already and are aiming for 50. X 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1602654800003341/

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service