Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just had my wheel nicked from Sainsbury's cycle parking area. The CCTV operator inside the shop said they don't record images from that area and that bikes and wheels are being stolen from there on a regular basis by the local boys. So, just a warning - don't park there.

Oh, and if you happen to see someone wandering around with one Mongoose front wheel, I'll give you £50 for his head.

Tags for Forum Posts: sainsbury's, sainsbury's bike theft

Views: 848

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Osbawn that's so annoying.  How about writing to the Director at Sainsbury's cc the Manager at the Arena Sainsbury telling him this and asking him to instruct the 20,000 parking attendants to also keep an eye on bikes as I and all our fellow cyclists will no longer be nipping in there on the way home for fear of theft.   

I don't like leaving my bike there (though usually do) for precisely this reason, that it is very out of the main view of the shop and staff. A couple of times I've not parked there because people have been hanging about in the area (not that they'd want my bike frankly, and I'd wish them all the luck in the world getting a wheel off it because it stumps me most of the time..). But thanks for the warning, and for the email suggestion - have just sent one off to customer.service@sainsburys.co.uk (but couldn't find a way of cc-ing to the store manager). 

I've had many bikes stolen in the past and after the last one I did a very sensible thing and got...

!!! TWO GOOD BIKE LOCKS !!!

read / watch this http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/green-living-blog/2010/may/27...

thanks for that, as I tend to be slack there and only use 1 lock, as always think its local and its quick  Despite having 2 good locks as I have had sooooooooooooo many bikes nicked over the years- will be more diligent in future

I woudl second getting two good bike locks.

I tend tyo lock mine to the railings that contain the trolleys by the entrance, rather than stick it all the way around the back. I imagine it gets in the way for some people, but I'd rather be annoying than a victim.

It's always struck me that the bike racks there don't really encourage cycling - I've never seen more than two other bikes there on the few occasion s I have used it.

in front of the shop would be a much better location, as far as I'm concerned, but then what do I know? I'm just a self interested cyclist, adn not a supermarket planner

Bummer. Thanks for the warning. Does beg the question though, if it happens all the time why don't they point their CCTV at it?
Yeah, I picked up on this years ago but just had a whinge on HoL. See here and here.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service