Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Mayors Transport Strategy - Have your say

Just a reminder that there are just a few days to have your say on the draft transport strategy. Have a look at the link which includes a short video.

I hope Harringay will see some benefit from this, in particular the Healthy Streets aspect.  Our particular area suffers particularly badly from pollution because it is favoured as a quick and easy route to and from the city.

We need to drastically cut the amount of traffic and make healthy options like walking and cycling easier.

I'd love to see roads like the currently hostile Wightman Road transformed by reducing traffic and making it a safe cycle route into the city.

Views: 318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sad to see that no-one has yet replied to this posting.

Perhaps people aren't interested about their environment and don't see the impact a worsening would have on their lives. Maybe they are just too busy answering posts on second hand IKEA stuff?

I take a big interest in transport matters in London generally and would like to see people's thoughts on the matter. Still no mention of any new tram projects in the strategy. Another wasted opportunity.

Thanks Stephen. The mention of Wightman Road generally gets peoples juices flowing!

On a serious note, there is a lot of good stuff in the strategy but I think lots requires local authority buy in with strong councillors to drive forward change. Im sure you have been following the Living Wightman campaign - there is overwhelming evidence of the benefits of filtering out traffic and all these would fit in with the Mayors transport strategy but local authorities need to have an appetite for change.

I agree with you about the trams. I’m sure Hugh must have some old photos of when we had them on Green Lanes.

Isn't it more important people complete the survey? That was the point of Karen's post.

Anyhow I completed it and noticed in the video the clip of Finsbury Park with a local Ladder resident.

Harringay Green Lanes is on the list of most-polluted-by-buses alleys to have all electric or hybrid buses traversing it exclusively by 2020, the first being Putney High St imminently.

It's a start, if not zero pollution. 

Link to TfL's map here. [PDF] The local zone starts at Finsbury Park, goes through to Palmers Green.

This is the sort of thing I was thinking of.  Where I was this morning at 07:00. Few cars, mostly trams, U-Bahn trains (above) and bikes..

Ha, Eberswalder Ubahn.  It's very well designed.  (we live just round the corner at Holmholtzplatz though we're moving back to Warham Rd in a few weeks).

commented

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service