Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

In case you've not had a chance to see this yet, a scan of the proposed changes to the North end of Ducketts Common and the junction at Turnpike Lane.

What changes would you make to DC?

Tags for Forum Posts: common, ducketts

Views: 1339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes ... very disappointing. why can't we at least have a real tree :(

Why are they taking away the benches ? They're NOT clutter and very useful for tired people waiting for buses

So ?

A large part of the process is to de-clutter the area, however the traditional benches will be replaced with several 'perch seats'

A triumph of " Design " over function. How can two people sit on those condiment pots and have a nice chat ?

The point is that they can't lie down on them...

So, a solution to a non-existent problem ?

I've never seen sleeping on the seats in Duckett's Common, why would you when you should be able to find a patch of grass with no dog poo or soiled disposable nappies? However nice sweet people don't like to share a bench with a stroppy drunk.

Designing seating so that the people in our community who have substance abuse/mental health issues can't use them is looking thru the wrong end of the telescope. When you have people who are probably turfed out in the morning to spend all day roaming the streets, why can't they lie down in the park? I agree it isn't nice to find people stretched out or drunk in the park, but instead of treating it as a social problem and addressing it, Im far from happy with just making them the 'excluded'

Would you mind providing a link to this document? Many thanks

I think I found it. Where the fence is to be relocated on Duckett's, i.e. in the area shaded green, is that to be pavement or 'low level planting'? In any case, is it necessary to relocate the fence at all?

What do you think of these plans, FoDC?

PS, can you remove the temporary fencing in the meadow to the south of DC?

Thankyou for posting the link Nicholas :)

The space (in green) created by moving the fence will be low level planting. The FoDC were (in general) not keen on this or the low level planting, felt to be a maintenance issue.

The temporary fencing is part of an on going experiment with a wild flower strip along the edges of DC. It will go in the near future, i will see if i can confirm the schedule.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service