Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I was gutted to see the winner from last year with a late December surge to take the prize of the last and latest tree to be dumped during the 2014-15 season.

I doubt that feat will be bettered but may I be the first to make a modest offering of a tree dumped on Pemberton, and we are not even half way through the12 days of Christmas!

Tags for Forum Posts: christmas tree disposal, christmas tree recycling

Views: 774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And for anyone wanting to know what you should be doing with your Christmas tree, see here:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/environment-and-waste/refuse-and-recycli...

Though can anyone tell me where the "staff yard" is at Downhills Park?

through Keston Rd N15

Thanks, Veolia didn't know but the council eventually got back to me and I took it there (a 1km walk) last Wednesday evening.  If I can do that it really cheeses me off when people just dump their trees.

Not in Haringey but I saw a massive tree dumped outside a church yesterday...

That's nothing. The trees that didn't find a good home from the Rowley Road pop up Christmas Tree shop were dumped on the pavement on Boxing Day. 

They would still be good for those people who follow the Orthodox calendar

Not dumped Osbawn - it's a new policy from govt to schools, Recycling in the Community at Christmas (section 25, Reducing Waste according to EU directive Zero Carbon Initiative 32). Part iv of section 25 stipulates that, recycled trees must still be fresh, offered free, a note attached is encouraged with the word 'Free' (a smiley face is allowed). 

Not when school has closed for holidays, Osbawn. They should be recycled. The EU says so :) And btw you can't raffle off a tree that has already been used. That would be poor form indeed.

Our was picked today from our front garden so a gold star for Veolia
Liz/Justin will have to remind me of the rules. Spotted near Russell Square tonight...not sure of geographical boundaries of the comp!
Photo attached
Attachments:

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service