Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Heard something about Fairline becoming yet another Turkish restaurant or have I got my wires crossed?

Tags for Forum Posts: arista, fairline

Views: 912

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone posted about this yesterday on another thread. Whilst on the one hand it makes sense of another rumour I've heard, on the other hand it is denied by the owners of Fairline. After the comment yesterday, I dropped in on my way past today and spoke one of the owners. She told me that whilst they've had the business on the open market, no realistic offer has yet been received. In fact she went as far as to say that it is 99% certain that there will be no immediate sale. Make of that what you will.

Thanks Hugh - well that stretch is on the change then with Nafsikas opposite on the market as a restaurant lease....

Fairline now fully shuttered and not trading today Tuesday 12th November

- have we bought our last bunch of bananas? Another Gokyuzu, Devran and Zer to open? how's about a different nationality?

Good News!!  Fairline is NOT going to become a Turkish Restaurant or Betting Shop!!!  It's heading fast towards a Polish Supermarket - hope they still do the fruit and veg lines that Fairline had...

"Heading Fast"? Is that for sure?

Well there's a banner up "Arista Food Market - opening soon"and 2 languages underneath I think Polish and Greek but stand to be corrected...so probably by Xmas...

I believe the two languages are Romanian and Bulgarian. The Arista Food Market is in fact the new Green Lanes branch of Harringay Sunday Market, catering for the multi-zillion influx of Romanians and Bulgarians predicted to swamp the Borough at 12.00.01 hrs on 1st January.

Not polish, Greek.
http://www.arista.gr/

Yes thank you - I see they've got zillions of branches across Greece but guessing this is one of the few in the UK - looks like frozen and tinned foods but maybe some fresh stuff too....

Well, that's a nice change. Thanks. As much as I love our Turkish restaurants, enough is enough (and I know that I also speak for at least three of the existing businesses who are feeling the pinch after the latest batch of openings).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service