Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Further to my recent posting, information now received about the proposed two Live nation events - Saturday 1 July (unnamed) and Friday 7th to Sunday 9 July (Wireless).

The programme of proposed events this summer is now as follows:

Rinse - Music festival - 10,000 attendees

On site -  Monday 22 May

Festival start  - Saturday 27 May

Festival end - Sunday 28 May

Off site - Friday 2 June

followed three days later by

Slammin TBC - Music festival - 12,000 attendees

On site - Monday 5 June

Festival start - Saturday 10 June

Festival end  - Sunday 11 June

Off site - Wednesday 14 June

followed six days later by

concert (not named, organised by Live Nation) - Music festival - 40,000 attendees

On site – Tuesday 20 June

Festival start – Saturday 1 July

Festival end – Saturday 1 July

Off site – Thursday 6 July

Wireless Festival 2017 - Music festival - 40,000 attendees

On site – Tuesday 27 June

Festival start – Friday 7 July

Festival end – Sunday 9 July

Off site – Saturday 15 July

Mama - Music Festival - 20,000 attendees

On site - Tuesday 29 August

Festival start - Saturday 9 September

Festival end - Sunday 10 September

Off site - Friday 15 September

followed three days later by

Slammin (Hospitality in the Park & Tranzmission) - Music festival - 12,000

On site - Monday 18 September

Festival start-  Saturday 23 September

Festival end - Sunday 24 September

Off site - Friday 27 October (???????)

The confirmation that the two events (Wireless and the unnamed concert) are being proposed for the beginning of July will mean that large areas of the park will be out of bounds to park users from Monday 22 May right through till Saturday 15 July.  Only two days Saturday 3 June and Sunday 4 June and five days from Thursday 15 June to Monday 19 June when there is no setting up or taking down going on.  

We also have a similar situation in August/September when set up starts on Tuesday 29 August and the site isn’t cleared until Friday 29 September (the date of Friday 27 October - must be a mistake?).

So large areas of the park will be out of bounds for three months this summer.

If you want to comment upon these events please note that the Council will NOT consider comments from individuals, they will only consider comments from recognised stakeholders of the park, councillors from the three boroughs (Haringey, Islington and Hackney), representative neighbourhood groups, local schools and business organizations.

If you are a member of a park user group, neighbourhood group or business organization, comments should be sent to the chair of that group. If you are not a member send comments to your local councillor, Haringey residents can find out who there councillor is at http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/mgFindMember.aspx.

The deadline for comments on Rinse, Slammin and Mama has already passed however, for Wireless and the unnamed concert comments have to be with the Council before Thursday 26 January.

Now that we know the entirety of the event plans I think that people should also consider commenting upon the plans as a whole as individual events might not be a problem but taken as a series of events they could constitute a problem in terms of access to the park and noise etc.

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events

Views: 2850

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

As I said at the time of the Friends of Finsbury Park''s doomed legal challenge, if they thought it would bring Haringey Council to task over hosting more and more events, they scored a massive own goal.
Hmm, this is a bit of a piss take really.
Wow, imagine what the park will look like come the end of October.
Hope they've budgeted for re turfing the park.
Well friends of Finsbury Park have made it more likely there will be more concerts. There desperately needs to be a sane group that can raise legitimate concerns with the council. Safety, policing etc rather than shouting while jumping up and down on the spot

"Well friends of Finsbury Park have made it more likely there will be more concerts." - er, how exactly?

Because they now have a legal ruling that confirms that they can legally rent out more than 10% of the park and as often as they like. They can do what they like. Before the case I don't think they themselves were absolutely sure of that fact. Now they are.
And by "they" I mean the Council

Parts of this park are now unavailable  to resident users for most of the summer! I do not know how those who live next to it survive. At times we can actually hear the concert noise up near east Philip Lane/Lawrence rd!

I suppose that this is what Theresa May and her rabid cabinet mean about a sharing society and a way in which Britain will be become Great again!

Don't spoil your excellent point with political prejudice.  I doubt if Theresa May has ever heard of Philip Lane.

Mrs Mays cabinet is rabidly ideologically driven!

But what does that have to do with Finsbury Park ?

Didn't Philip Laine have a sister called Cleo? Glad she's not performing in Finsbury Park this year - my OAEars couldn't stand it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service