Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Dear Claudette of xx Pemberton Rd,

You left your address sticker on the huge box that you flytipped on the Pemberton Rd bridge last night /this morning.

Why you couldn't have broken it down and put it in your wheely bin, I have no idea.

I did ring your bell earlier to talk to you about it and give you a chance to dispose of it properly, but you pretended not to be in, so I've reported you to to the council, because I'm sick to death of people like you thinking that it's ok to use the street as a dumping ground and make it all of our problem.

Tags for Forum Posts: rubbish

Views: 1116

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done Lauren. I walked past this earlier this morning and had a quick look for anything to identify the miscreant but my eyes aren't as sharp as yours!
It was a small sticker on the side of the box

"Why you couldn't have broken it down and put it in your wheelie bin I have no idea."

Sometimes seems to be a mystery, bubbled-wrapped in a cardboard box.  But always, I think, a question worth asking.
Although I suspect that "Claudette" may not read this post.

No, but she will have read the letter addressed directly to her from Lauren.  Lauren has merely repeated here for our benefit.

I just got back from town and it's still there so I rang the doorbell again and this time she answere so I told her to move it.

Did she give any explanation?

No, she seemed surprised that I was even complaining about it. As was a bloke in that house a few months ago when I told him and his mates to stop sitting outside on their motorbikes revving the engines for no reason.
Well done Lauren!

If everyone did their part like this then things would be a lot better.

Yes, well done. I think this is right. If we all stepped up a bit together as a community folks would feel less like they could get away with being so anti-social.

By the way. I saw John Forde, our neighbourhood action officer, the other day and mentioned this Lauren. He actually came to inspect the area for himself but you had moved the rubbish Lauren. Anyway, I told him he had the photos. Not sure if he can do anything, but is does beggar belief folks are so willing to crap in their own nest like this.

I did not move the rubbish, I thought the council had. I had already reported it to the council and sent the photos to them so hopefully they will reach John. I doubt they will do anything though because I've sent them countless complaints over the years and it is still as bad as it ever was, if not worse. This address is one of three adjoining properties that seem to be overoccupied HMOs and i would hate to see how they are living inside if the filth they leave outside is anything to go by.

I also recently challenged a guy outside the former Disney's dumping a whole load of bedding on the street.  I saw him dump the first load and then he came out with a second load just as I was photographing the first.  As he did so, I took his photograph dumping the 2nd batch and told him I was reporting him to the Council.  He then went ballistic, saying he was going to call the Police.  "That's an excellent idea" I replied.  "It's you that's committing the crime, I'm just reporting one."  He then went for a roll of black bin bags and started to bag it up.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service