Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

My street today has seen a lot of activity of 4 wheeled somethings or others with young kids riding them noisly and fast and some motor bikes thrown in for good measure... Have the Gardens been designated the preparation ground for a new Olympic motorised sport?? Not happy....

Tags for Forum Posts: diy streets

Views: 353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's because there's so little motor traffic now that they're gated. I'd expect stuff like this to keep happening, it's great fun and safe to cycle around so...

so... you get these big buggy things which look frightening and should be on wide open beaches somewhere like in Mad Max not the Garden streets. I hope it's a soon to be over trend John. 

I hope the buggies have been resolved. You could never have predicted this, but it was only a matter of time...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qCj2Z_mph0
John
we have one emergency access gate and two rising bollards and five open access roads
Hermitage road area has 3 emergency access gates in place

Ruth
Call 101 non emergency or 999 if an incident is happening.
One of the reasons why we have been selected for DIY Streets money is to do with this issue
At the AGM we had a presentaation about the funding secured for the Gardens DIY Streets
Next GRA meeting is Mon 11th June
Ruth I suggest you come along to find out more ?
Andy - GRA
I suggest the Ladder adopt the community zones that Ken Livingston pioneered, and the way the GRA championed its reality, we could do with the GRA's expertise.

We need to open our houses as venues for our residents associations and get together to flesh out plans for the Ladder.
The LCSP (traffic sub committee,) is doing this, but it is reduced to 2 reps per road, and may be better served also as an open forum or outreach activity.

I can see that it is an attempt to balance meetings to have two reps each, (to avoid stacking meetings,) but not all roads are participating, and the DNA of thought is reduced, perhaps we should open it out.

There will be perameters that will define and inform measures, all suggestions should be on the table, we should unite on our common ground which is to establish a system to reduce traffic during peak times, improve our footpaths, improve crossings, encourage pedestrian movement, reduce traffic speeds, encourage more greening, and reduce car journeys.

More regular street parties could be the informal start to promoting positive community enguagement, coming together should be a celebration.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service