Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Get Paul Simon's horrible signs off the front of Harringay's listed building

Found myself in the Salisbury tonight as it happens and got into conversation with the manager about the very intrusive sign and banner that have appeared across the front of the Salisbury - a listed building.

He is pretty furious about it and has requested that the signs be removed asap. It seems that Paul Simon claim they are applying for planning permission for a sign but do not have it yet, so please put in a complaint about this when you have the time and get these awful adverts for this awful company removed!

Paul Simon deface listed building

Tags for Forum Posts: Paul Simon, Salisbury Hotel, advertising, estate agents, estate agents signs, signs, visual character

Views: 522

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Deal! Will email you something later this week.
I've emailed too. Cheeky sods. Would love to sign something and tell PS what I think. What's the likelihood that it will come down before Sunday though ....
Doesn't matter. This is about more than one incident. Someone here posted recently about Planning actually saying they were exercising their discretion not to enforce when he complained about a board. In the face of this apathy from the council, it's (as usual) down to us to try to force some action. Just have a look at the new boards from PS on the other side of GL from the Salisbury to see how they are becoming even more brazen in treating Harringay as a free billboard.
I am once again going to stick my head above the parapet here... there are countless Estate Agent review sites where you can voice your opinions, good or bad.

There is also the Ombudsman for Estate Agents complaints procedure.

Getting the press involved just highlights an agents name, and people will remember the agents name and quickly forget the reason! That is what creates a 'the risk is worth the gain' attitude.

Going to wind my neck back in now, and carry on providing a professional service as the lesser known agent in the area, due to our legal board stance.
Thanks Steve. I have alerted the reporter from the Haringey Independent who posted on here recently so fingers crossed. And there's another piece of action being put into place about which more soon. . . watch this space!
Should you want to complain the industry Ombudsman, click below.
The Property Ombudsman
I have contacted them and have filled out a complaint form.
Get a ladder and take the bloody things down.
Are they down yet? They should be. Got this email yesterday from Brian Ellick.

The Area officer visited the location yesterday and observed the sign on the Salisbury pub, he visited the Paul Simon office in Green Lanes and spoke to one of the directors and advised him that the sign needs to be removed ASAP. Paul Simon has since confirmed via Email that the sign will be removed today, the area revisit and confirm today.

I have previously written to Paul Simon and also had a meeting with the directors regarding their advertisements and highlighted our concerns at how they advertise some of their properties. Street Enforcement have previously carried out an operation were we identified unauthorised advertisement at various locations within the borough (including Haringey . St Ann’s Ward) and removed and destroyed the offending items.

More recently we have surveyed Green Lanes and ladder Roads and identified various For Sale / To Let / etc boards. We have written to the identified (including Paul Simon) estate agents requesting they produce either their consent to display the advertisement or remove it. As a result numerous advertisements were removed in Green Lanes and the ladders Road and there was a significant reduction in the amount of boards in Green Lanes and Ladder roads.

However this exercise was not designed to eradicate the boards, merely police how the estate agent boards operate. We have created a dialogue with Paul Simon (and other estate agents) and are using this to resolve issues such as this one. However we will again write to Paul Simon regarding this unlawful advertisement and remind them of the penalties for engaging in unlawful advertising.
Got the same one Alison. It was still up as of yesterday evening and I would assume PS will try and keep the sign up until after the weekend. If they argue their contractors are booked up then we can nominate our voluntary sign removal services.

I did a rough audit of a few roads and PS are by far the worst culprits, how many of them are legit is anyones guess.
F&*@+#s! Will reply to Mr Ellick to let him know, suggest you do the same. Otherwise I'm up for holding a ladder ...
We have good news !
Wahey! Look what just dropped into my inbox from Paul Simon:

Dear Homeowner,

As proud co-sponsors of the first ever HARRINGAY GREEN LANES FOOD FESTIVAL, we write to invite you to the event, and hope to meet you along the way!

This should be a very exciting day full of good food and music for all the family.

Paul Simon Estate Agents

Anyone else get this?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service