Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey NOT in Bloom this year !!!

Views: 1043

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haringey not in bloom ???

That must be very annoying to people that spent so much money  for the front garden and in the last minutes they put it off at least people should receive a letter from Haringey on the beginner of spring saying that Haringey in  Bloom has been cancelled this year. So people can concentrate in other part of the garden. I'm sure lots of people will admire an beautiful front garden. 

But at least they have nice gardens

Ask not what your council can do for you. Ask what you can do for your council.. *tongue in cheek*

A bit of love and attention for your local trees can help a lot.

Guerilla Gardens near to me..

Nothing on the "in Bloom" page on the Council's website.
http://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-op...

But Stephen you are nearly right. Forget the Council leaders; they've mostly forgotten us. Gardens are live anarchism in full colour and scent. Haringey Bloomers seize flower power!

Thank you Alan , for your support . Regarding Haringey in Bloom 2016 . We won * Best Front Garden * Meant so much to me X . Words , are weak to say the least . My email address is barrycollie@blueyonder.co.uk

Regards - Barry

Doesn't need to be a competition for us to us all to be enjoying the efforts our green-fingered neighbours put in.  We could give some honourable mentions here couldn't we?  I would give top marks to Tramp restaurant, for example, for their jolly window boxes. 

Does anyone have any hard information about why Haringey seems to have cancelled this event?
The Royal Horticultural Society says that its Britain in Bloom initiative is one of the largest horticultural campaigns in Europe.

Perhaps somebody thought nobody would notice..

But i did Stephen ! Being a winner three times . It`s a shamble this tearful year

Barry can you please tell us more. What actually happened as far as you know from solid information you were given?

Alan , we have won Haringey in Bloom three times . However . Haringey Council had said to all * start digging and planting * ! Which i am sure they did . However . On Monday 25th of July i emailed Sarah Jones@ haringey parks and asked what is going on because their website did not have anything on it . I got a email from Sarah saying it`s been canceled this year .Unfortunately there have been other things that have taken priority and run out of time .

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service