Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Harringay aggro - violent incidents in the last 48 hours (March 2009)

It may just be coincidence but:

- Saturday night, someone shot on Cavendish

- Saturday night (10'ish) we see 4 youths walking up Effingham, 2 of them carrying baseball bats (and clearly not off to play baseball)

- Monday night (tonight), police taking photos on Effingham. When asked, they said there was a fight (if anyone knows any more, please let me know)

Tags for Forum Posts: effingham road

Views: 305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Makes me think that with all that investment in Fairlands, they'd better put in pretty good CCTV and other deterrents if it isn't going to end up trashed and a night-time no-go area.
Agree that this needs consideration. I've always proposed a high (8ft) fence be installed around the perimeter which gets locked at dusk. Trouble is it's believed that the part of the park that has the through path has to stay open as it's a public path or by-way. But the rest of the park can be locked off if there's the will and the funding. I'll mention this again to council man.
The police responded I believe because I said that the fight was happening 'now'. I was asked if they had weapons, to which I said 'I think so, probably bits of wood'. I added that these fights have been going on for the last few days and weapons have been used then.

When I spoke to the police in their car I mentioned that people have been talking on a local website called Harringay Online about various organised fights over the last few days. They seemed to know of the website.

Btw, blood was spilt last night in that Passage fight. Seen it this morning on the pavement. So they're not just slapping each other. Some may be carrying. See anything .... call 999.

[ Harringay aggro - violent incidents in the last 72 hours ]
May be unconnected - but does any one know what was going on in Green Lanes this morning - lots of traffic in the passage & it looked like GL was closed off.
We have noted this post and will target the areas mentioned. The Cavendish Road shooting at this stage appears to be gang related. The Effingham Road incident was a fight between two workers working in a property there.
Thanks Glyn. Of course let us know if we can help you to help us and please come back with an update when you can.
Green Lanes is a fatal road traffic accident. Pedestrian and artic
Just had a phone call from Ian Sygrave of the LCSP. The SNT will be present at the meeting this Thursday and will be giving a full update on all the incidents that have been reported in the neighbourhood. Please attend the meeting if you would like to find out more.
And a Police Ward panel mtg next week where this will be on the agenda.

There is so much blood in the Passage from last nights fight and a trail of it continues down Falkland Rd.

Sgt Pyles did respond quickly to my email this morning and has promised evening patrols over next couple of days. But this does need to be nipped in the bud, so to speak.
Thanks Glynn. Good to get this update. But there is definitely something going on between two school-age gangs in the Effingham/Falkland/Fairfax area - that fight that Matt reports higher up looked like it was planned. We have never previously had gangs of this size suddenly hanging about.
might be connected or might not but last Friday morning (like 3am) got woken up by something going on outside but further down the bottom end of Warham road.....bit of the usual screaming and yelling..didn't think too much about it but on Friday morning when I was walking down to GL there was lots of dried blood on the pavement and wall just after the Passage.......
there is v often chaos going on, on Warham Road in the middle of the night and thats even after the local gob-mouth left the street....
What is going on??

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service