Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Views: 1340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks to Ant and everyone involved in making the run happen. It was a beautiful day and a huge success. My daughter and her friend ran 5k and finished in about 45 minutes - they loved it.
▶ Reply
Edit 14 minutes left to edit your comment.

Great job Ant. A huge pat on the back to you for organising this wonderful event. My apologies for arriving too late to contribute many photos, but I did manage to snap this one shot as a suitable end piece testament to the hero of the day:

And it was great seeing the hurtle signs plastered all over the hood as testament to another great Harringay event:

Is that a subtle hint, Hugh ?

Really well done Ant, it was great. Except running up Allison Road that is, which was horrible.

Running geek note: according to my running app Allison road goes from the lowest point of the ladder (21m elevation) to practically the highest point at the top (42m elevation), so over the 400m length it's a climb of 21m, making it the steepest rung in the ladder coming in at a hefty 5% incline. End of geek alert.

Lots more photos on Flickr here from John McMullan (sorry for cross posting with you John)

No worries. It's a shame they finished with the sun behind them.... potential course alteration for more flattering photos next year? Mind you, next year I doubt the weather will be anything like yesterday. That was unreal, I'm sunburnt!

A great record there John, even if the shots are all into the sun. It certainly was amazing with the weather an' all. To top it off we then had a gloriously sunny Play Street in Pemberton from 2pm to 5pm. What a perfect Harringay day!

And well done Hane or sponsoring Harringay's first of many local community jogs/runs/crawls around the ladder roads. The t-shirts were & medals were a great idea.

Yes but XL and XXL for a running event was a little weird.

Keep the motivation coming for these great events,
big thanks to all who helped with its organisation,
and running
and running...

Ant, you've done it again! Many thanks for organising this wonderful event which, like your lantern procession, shows every sign of becoming an indispensable part of our community's calendar.

All the best,

David

Lots of people made this happen. The main organisers were: Andy Newman, Gill Brown, David Schmitz, Chanj Hunt, Karin Duguid, Adam Coffman, Justin Guest.

Serkan Dervish from Hane Estate Agents, and Rob  from Tao Sports provided the funding, t-shirts and banners. Harringay Council paid the insurance as part of the FoFP insurance.

We also need to thank Deborah Kneebone and the police for their help on the day, James McMullan for starting the hurtle, Asha Kaur for manning the Green Lanes crossing, Liz and family for the water station on Warham Rd, and at Fairland Park Matt from NHP helping getting things setup first thing in the morning, James Cowling and Jade for running the tshirt, medal, badge stall, and Nick Beedham, Angela Burge, Mette from the NHP PSA for the donuts and drinks stall.

(sorry if missed someone out)

And of course Bethany who had the idea and Osbawn who named it on the original HoL discussion thread.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service