Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Update: Lots of people have volunteered, so we'll all be out at 10am Sunday. My number is 07766 990123 if you need to get salt or any other problems.

Update 2: A huge thank you to all the volunteers who came out yesterday to clear the snow. We've done a fab job.

If you've walked up or down it recently you'll know that the passage is an absolute ice rink at the moment. We're not going to get any help from the council to fix it, so I'd like to get a bunch of volunteers to commit to coming out on Sunday at 10am to clear part of the passage.

There were a bunch of Ladder Dads who committed tonight, so if you'd like to join us on Sunday morning to help clear a part of passage so we can all use it to get to work, school or the shops then sign up below.

Just say which bit (e.g. Hewitt to Seymour) you'd like to work on, and we'll all meet out there around 10 am on Sunday.

Bring salt, shovels and any sand/grit you might have, and let's all make the passage a little bit safer.

I know that together we can make a difference - so let's do it.

Tags for Forum Posts: get involved, grit, ice, passage, snow, winter

Views: 678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can I suggest some photos posted on HoL and on Flickr. And even a brief YouTube video!

There's lots of talk about 'involving the community'. There's even a technical term Co-production.

But this is happening here and now. With Harringay Online as the enabler.
I think it's just a drop off point down there for the council - or it's been dumped, looks like that anyway.
Burgoyne to Cavendish is done and Burgoyne to Umfreville just about finished. Great to see some community action
Pleased to report that "Umfre" has cleared a path from Umfreville to Burgoyne, "Burgy" & "Burgo" have cleared Burgoyne to Cavendish. "Burger" is out now clearing Cavendish to Duckett. We have also cleared the path on the road outside our house. The Passage gets used heavily to get kids to school safely & quickly - that's why we are clearing it! BTW someone has already let their dog dump in Cavendish to Duckett! Bastard.
Blistered Kev
Malcolm tells the ice story:

PS: Thanks to Steve Hatch of Castles for providing us with barrowsful of salt.

Why can't we view it without having to be friends?
Thanks Birdy - wrong privacy settings. Should be sorted now.
Nice videos, Hugh. Are you the Gangmaster of the Leading Question?
Lots of folks at the bottom end of Warham have cleared pavements especially on the left hand side but I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to the people who cleared the Passage (Alison, John and Malcolm who did 'my bit' of the Passage, big hug from the most accident prone woman in the 'hood)

Assuming that school is open tomorrow, this effort has meant a much less hazardous journey to school for dozens of kids and their parents. Thank you to everyone for making this happen
Community action up in the Republic of North Harringay this morning;

Looks like a fair amount of the passage has been cleared today. Well done to everyone.
I am having a break but we still need to do North of Lausanne. I am going to start again at 2pm ish.
Nice work John (and everyone else). With you in spirit only alas! Now the Passage really is safe.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service