Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

How Harringay voted in May 2016- no spin! Excludes postal votes (they are put into a general 'pot')

As the Harringay by-election has now been confirmed for July 28, the various parties will be knocking up dodgy barcharts with claims of how only they can beat X.

Based on these results, Labour is heading for a landslide and, with this in mind, voters should stick to their guns and not make do with 'second best'.  The LibDems have crashed out of Orbit. The Greens have made tremendous advances here (worth noting that Harringay was always a 'good' Green area before the LDs ate into their vote). The Conservative vote is also up (by a fraction).

Here are the Harringay results from May's elections.

Mayor (1st preference vote)

1.Green- 468

2.BNP-9

3.Respect (Galloway)-32

4.Britain First-18

5.Conservative-435

6.Cannabis Safer Than Alcohol-31

7.Labour-2,220.

8.One Love-8

9.Liberal Democrat-209

10.Women's Equality-139

11. UKIP-30

12. Independent-19

Mayor (2nd preference votes taken into account after other candidates are eliminated)

1.Conservative-627

2. Labour- 2,929

London-Wide Members (List system, where you vote for a party, using a form of PR)

1.Animal Welfare-43

2.Britain First-24

3.BNP-8

4.Liberal Democrats-289

5.Christian People's All-12

6.Conservative-348

7.Green-676

8.Labour-1,835

9.Respect (Galloway)-44

10.House/Homes for Londoners-17

11.UKIP-51

12.Women's Equality-305

Constituency Member (Enfield-Haringey)

1. All People's-16

2. Liberal Democrat-344

3. Conservative-351

4. Labour-2,162

5. Green -710

6. UKIP-72

Results taken from the London Elects website.

Taking them all into account, we have Labour clearly leading all three contests by a comfortable margin, the Greens in second, Conservatives third and LDs fourth. 

Declaration: I am the current Deputy Chair (Political) for the local Conservative Assn. I gave the LDs' Caroline Pidgeon my 1st preference vote and reluctantly gave Conservative Zac Goldsmith my second preference vote (which I now regret). Although I didn't vote for her, I really like and respect Labour's Joanne McCartney, MLA, who is excellent at helping constituents. So pleased she was given the Deputy Mayor's position.

Views: 246

Reply to This

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service