Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

delete

Views: 765

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wanted to give them a break as I thought it was a good idea, they were trying to let without charging tenants fees, initially anyway. Sadly they were up against some well established businesses and were not given the necessary "gift" of some properties to let.

It can be very successful, as the model in Enfield has shown

https://new.enfield.gov.uk/services/housing/landlords/landlords-or-...

Lord knows what they were doing here in Haringey though.

Because it started in October 2015 and folded in October 2016 the twelve month period would be included in the financial years 2015/6 and 2016/7. The admin hang over would probably be for contracts that extended beyond that period (photocopier contracts, that kind of thing)

Haringey need to give a very serious look at this project and why it failed so abysmally.  After spending all that money they can at least get a bit of value from learning some lessons.

The were very naive. If you start a new lettings agency it's because you've got a bunch of properties that you let and don't want to pay someone else to manage. I thought that's exactly what they would be given.

It turns out we would have been better off asking Enfield's operation to just expand into Haringey.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service