Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

HARINGEY Council has just spent £20,000 on a 90 second film to "tell the Haringey story".

(I'm surprised it can be so easily afforded).

The logo reminds viewers that Haringey is in London, a fact of which many Haringey residents are already apprised.

Might the video be aimed – not at present residents – but at possibly would-be residents?

Or perhaps property developers?

The Haringey Story

The final question is, are you in?

Current residents could find this redundant.

I wonder if the idea of a video like this was floated somewhere along the French Riviera.

If it is aimed at developers, should it be?

CDC
Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat Party

Tags for Forum Posts: Are you In?, the Haringey story, the story of Haringey

Views: 809

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So the video is; 'Haringey is transforming London – authentic, edgy and innovative. It’s an attitude, not a place. Are you in?'

I'd think more likely London is transforming Haringey, as the middle class refugees swarm the area for relatively cheaper housing, then are desperate for 'edgy' (trendy) places to go out, may try an 'authentic' Green Lanes kebab & spend their Sunday at an 'innovative' local market/arts collective festival. But that's just one interpretation.

The shot of the lady surveying the huge model redevelopment of housing does more than likely show the aim of the video project ... promote Tottenham's transformation to potentail middle class apartment buyers, which is what most of the housing redevelopment will be made up of.

It's a slick production: but it's nevertheless an unnecessary vanity project that's come at a high price.

The Haringey Story (youtube)

The Youtube site allows comments. However, despite its having been viewed about a thousand times (currently), there's not a single comment there—or remaining.

I posted a note about the £20,000 cost, but it was deleted within 48 hours.

I suspect any comment that's "off message" will be deleted by PR Department apparatchiks. It'll be interesting to see if they allow any comment like "brilliant" "marvellous" "wonderful".

The comment suppression illustrates the brittleness and lack of confidence of those behind The Haringey Story.

Just had a look and there are two comments. Is it your settings Clive?

Just had a look 10 mins after you posted, Michael, and 'no comments to display' is what I see (Windows 7/Chrome user). All the other Haringey council videos on Youtube that I've looked are flagged as 'comments disabled'.  

And this     haringeycouncil   is the icon/avatar shown next to the URL on the Haringey Youtube channel screen. As with the new website, the new logo/avatar works far better, to my eye, on a small screen like a smartphone than on a PC, though I'd prefer the formality of a recognisable typeface.

Just looked again Gordon. Still shows two comments on my screen. I'm using an IPad if that makes any difference. I did Google "comments not visible on You Tube" and there seems to be a glitch where this happens for some people and not for others. I can't work out how to do screen shots so I've copied and paste the text I could see.

The Haringey story
haringeycouncil 959 views
COMMENTS • 2

Thank you: now looking at it on an Android phone, I can see what you can (now 3 comments) but not the comments themselves. I'm not going down the 'conspiracy theory' route!

Is it your settings Clive?

touché ;-)

I think one needs to be signed in to view.

It could be that Youtube is faithfully recording the number of comments made, just as the Haringey Story Boarders are deleting them (?).

Why not try posting something complimentary and see if that sticks?

We could be watching censorship in real time!

--

P.S. There's something odd going on: in Safari I couldn't see any comments; when logged in with Chrome, I can still see my comment, but only my comment (?)

Here's my Screen Shot at 2015-09-23 at 10.17.32 :—

Just did it with a completely neutral "Just checking if this comments function works" and it came up fine. By the way, I would imagine that a lot of the 1,000 views were probably staff who clicked on the link in the email they were sent on Monday.
There is one really easy way to find out if your comment was deleted Clive; ask.

YESTERDAY's Ham & High Broadway has a front page story titled,

Elderly and the disabled were ‘airbrushed’—
Video also featured council’s own contractors 

The video is consistent with a pitch to developers: but possibly also, to young able-bodied homebuyers. I've attached the press story below and the continuation on page seven. It makes a point about the unrepresentativeness of the range of those featured and in some cases, a financial relationship with the Council.

In The Haringey Story, there's not a paragraph on the disabled or elderly.

However, there's no pretence at accuracy, documentary or representation: the H. Story is pure PR.

£20,000 worth.

Attachments:

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service