Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

As part of our use of HoL in the 2010 elections, we're upload and asking other people to upload copies of any local party political promotional material they come across. There are parts of three wards in Harringay:

Harringay (all)
St Ann's (part)
Seven Sisters (part)

Material from all three is welcome.

The aim is help to keep track of what each candidate/party has on offer. We'll also be able to remind those elected of what they said this Spring. 

There is one thread for each of the parties.

If you're not too sure about how to add pictures to the thread, see our walk through of how to do it here.

Tags for Forum Posts: 2010 local elections, Party Promotional material May 2010

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The latest (click & click again to enlarge:

What about this one folks.

Is it the same as mine?
Potholes getting fixed
Is this hotline the same one that was set up two years ago as we reported on May 12 2008 But the council has also set up the new dedicated hotline - on 020 8489 3993 - to enable residents to report potholes anywhere within the borough at any time of the day. or a new hot, hotline. What's happening to the poor people at the luke warm hotline? Are they wondering why nobody calls anymore?
Labour Literature is flooding in now :-)

Next instalment. (As usual click & click again to read). For some reason, I've only just noticed the strap-line the local Labour Party has been using on its election material, "Delivered free by Labour's team in Haringey at no cost to you". Needless to say. I spluttered in to my tea quite some on reading that. Sorry Haringey Labour, but that's insulting.

Still waiting for a pledge or two Labour.
Just as hilarious and cost-free as their other strapline: Labour: 'One Borough - One Future'

Yet East is East and West is West, so our MP's westward mobility leads him from Tottenham's Far East to Harringay's Near East to Stroud Green's Mid-West to Highgate-St Michael's Far West. And some of their Eastern Councillors seem to favour more western domicile and educational facilities too. Oh well, 'tis a free world, I guess, but if we all move ever westwards what happens the One Borough-One Future thingy?
One Borough, One Future; One party, Ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer!
The point you are making is nearly as bad as your German grammar .. ;o9

Gross- und Kleinschreiben bitte nicht vergessen!! and don't forget to add your dots or an 'e' as replacement - Volk, Reich, Führer (Fuehrer)
Excellent Distraction Theft from the point I was making Stephen! But what bad point do you think I was making?
I enjoyed the tax bombshell figure, which is the curious amount of "£1234 extra"

I'm sure the figure was calculated after a great deal of research. Not.

It would be cynical, wouldn't it, to suggest the figure was chosen (to the last pound!) simply because one two three four is an easy number to remember? Does Labour believe its supporters have poor memories? (aside: it was easy to remember the height of Australasia's highest mountain. Mt. Cook was 12,349 feet above sea level, before part of the top fell away).

Why not go the whole hog and make the tax bombshell £12,345.67 over ten years?

Is not the truth, that
(a) the government [us] is in truly massive debt; and
(b) government spending will be slashed whichever party wins; and
(c) taxes will go up, again, whichever party wins?
Thanks for the comment, Nora.

OK, motivations accepted, but you can see how it comes across I hope.

We're keenly awaiting ward level pledges from all parties. Really happy to hear that they're on the way from you guys. LDs tell me the same thing so we should all have some meaty issues to discuss soon I hope. And that's what this next 30 days should be all about.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service