Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35772202

For over 35,000 'nuisance calls' urging people to back his campaign to be London Mayor.

Views: 475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He'll put it on his MP's expenses ?

What did the person that got 35,000 calls say about this ?

I THINK most people like being treated as individuals, so an unsolicited, recorded message will have been quite irritating.

CDC
Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat Party

Having just had yet another unsolicited call ( not as it happens from Lammy ), this has cheered me up

(note to self, stop wasting the good jokes on this lot)

Seconded.

He has my sympathy. One person complained. It wasn't an indiscriminate list (it was Labour members and supporters). He had to buy the list from the Labour Party. I get unsolicited and automated calls all the time asking me if I have claimed my PPI dosh yet.

The person who complained was a member of the Labour Party.... Go figure.

The rules are quite clear.

PFI callers/companies are the ones that should be hit with fines. But, there are 1000s of these companies so it's a puesdo industry of parasites that the regulators rarely touch, having been sanctioned to retrieve money for bank customers, with a fee and/or %. Apparently most money has now been paid out so only another 2 yrs of their nuisance calls ... until the next bank scandal.

Here's his response, on the BBC News site:

MP David Lammy apologises over nuisance calls 

http:/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35772202

He said: "I fully accept the Information Commissioner's decision and apologise unreservedly to any Labour Party member or registered supporter that felt upset at receiving an automated call from my campaign.
If I had known that additional permission was required to make automated calls then I would have sought it before any calls were made."

Said by a barrister

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service