Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

.....and whilst I'm in question mode, I had a bad experience with a cab firm recently and am trying to find the best local cab firm, for local, London and airport trips?

Two questions:

Which is the best local cab firm (or nearby if non of the locals stack up)?
What should I expect to pay, say to Crouch End/Muswell Hill, to the centre of town and to Heathrow? (Is it the same to Stanstead? I guess Gatwick is more expensive.)

Tags for Forum Posts: taxis

Views: 676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Care to give any reasons Anette & James? I'm intrigued.
That's a good question, Matt. We need to be fair to local businesses.
Re: 'harringay cars' minicabs. Why in my experience they are shite.
i booked a cab for 9.45pm from the office opposite the salisbury (this the night of the last hol drinks night). i arrived on time. I got into back seat of the the cab, the driver took off. I asked him to stop while i put on the seat belt (i've been in an accident in a minicab and if you're not seat belted you cannot claim for any injuries). This annoyed him and he told me so. i had to ask him to put the light on so i could see what i was doing. This annoyed him and he told me so. I got the seat belt on but it would not slacken and kept getting tighter until i could not breathe. I told him the seatbelt was faulty. He ordered me out of the cab ! I walked back to the office and complained. the guy behind the glass was not sympathetic. i waited another 25 mins for a cab and then went to another cab office. I missed my appointment by an hour.
Did you mean Shi-ite, James? You may be confusing them with Golden Cars, as in SB's post above.

Why HC are rubbish? Because they don't turn up on time and their cars are smelly. Tried them a few times and quickly gave up.

I have used 020 8211 0044 for several years and they have always been punctual and polite. (£7 Warham Road to Tottenham Hale Station at 5 a.m.)
For other readers, Maggie is referring to Harringay Cars.
OMG all these years I've been using Harringay Cars, and I had no idea!!! I'm not interested in endorsing any particular company, they have always been just a phone number to me and as I said I have always had prompt and polite service. Not exactly a double blind trial but as I didn't know who they were and I'm not likely to get a 'kick back', and really don't care one way or the other, I'll keep using the number when I need a taxi at some ungodly hour.
The cabbies next to the Beaconsfield is OK for local/landmark destinations if you walk over and ask for a cab on the spot. Rare to find a driver not available. Cabbies a wee bit taciturn. Recently paid £8 for an early-morning run to Archway. But they're a bit hit-and-miss for not-well-trodden destinations. One night tried to get to a small company in St John's Wood, ended up driving round and round and stopping bypassers for directions. The driver expected us to guide him to destination but we had no A-Z or phone number, and he had no Knowledge or back-up from his office. Not good. £15 quid a steep fare, given the lousy service.
Well the cab driver I had last week (Golden cars) had a SatNav and he said all the cabs have them as standard now -the firm punches(phones?) in the post codes for them and all they have to do is follow the satnav - so don't even have to know London anymore...
A satnav ain't any good if it takes you via Hanger Lane! Cabbies need 'the knowledge'.

I was ordered out of the (harringay cars) cab for daring to point out the seat belt was faulty. I am semi-disabled with a walking stick. Imagine the cab firm was a restaurant, would you go back to that place to eat with staff with that attitude ? No brainer. But because it's a cab firm it seems ok for them to treat their customers badly knowing they'll come back. It's lazy for an establishment to assume that all it's customers are trouble makers.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service