Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Meet Wenlock & Mandeville, 2012 Mascots........

Um.....umm..............ummm..........aah.............mmmm.............

Tags for Forum Posts: olympics

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh deary, deary me.
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king..
Coordinates well with the logo.
What the ****?! Who the blazes though 2 steel cyclopes would make endearing mascots? They kind of freak me out.
It does seem strange that the focus group designing them seemingly concluded that an appropriate mascot was something that looks like a bottle opener crossed with a CCTV camera.
The 6 year old thought they were strange but cute, the 3 year old thought they were funny (as in ha ha) maybe my kids are weird...which is very likely..but my daughter pointed out they were like the kids craze, 'gogos' so maybe they know what they are doing after all...

Are we to assume then that the target market for the mascots is 3-6 year olds? Actually I've no idea what purpose an Olympic mascot is supposed to serve.
Thanks LP.

I feel more informed but none the wiser.

Surely these people were on some very powerful drugs.
In all honesty, does anyone over the age of 10 care about mascots - can you remember any from any previous games or sporting events? Also Michael Morpurgo, responsible for the story in the video, is a wonderful children's writer so I sort of assumed the whole idea was to engage the young in it all.

Anyway, the photoshopwarriors of the internet have got to work on them so they are proving an inspiration to some.
some images may not be to everyone's taste, also thanks to Dan McQuillan on Twitter for the link
Thanks for the link.............now they're beginning to grow on me.
So, Birdy.......someone......where's our Harringay mascot?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service