Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

New brand identity strategy for Haringey

"I am in"

Discuss.

CDC
Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat Party

---

update to mark the 'soft launch' (click to enlarge):—

The £20,000 film, The Haringey Story

Tags for Forum Posts: I am in, Local Government, brand strategy, folly, identity, nonsense, vanity, waste of money

Views: 9393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They could have just dropped the word 'Council' from the current logo to stop it being so 'inward' looking, and saved a lot of money and ridicule in the process.

Cool!

"We've now put this matter in the hands of the groovy debt collection company we use. We hope you find this helpful. Have a nice day and rock on.

"16 - Reasons for decision - The implementation of a new brand identity that reflects the borough’s strengths and assets would strengthen confidence in the borough as a place to live, work and invest. It would also support the council’s change programme and recruitment policies"

The problem is, again and again, the actions and non-actions of this the Council DO NOT match these words and so this is just spurious and hypocritical PR. A sham.

The regular FPark exclusion zones, the outrageous colusion with a big private landlord to expropriate local residents and industrious small entrepreneurs and destroy local livelihoods and homes at Wards Corner, the bending over backwards to assist a multi-millionaire company (THFC) to destroy the architectural herirtage on the High Road in Tottenham and to exclude the more vulnerable people from their homes desguising it as 'regeneration'.

It just stinks and is HYPOCRITICAL! Shame on all councillors who support these ill-conceived schemes that are doing untold damage to an area that DOES need a much more sensitive and sensible approach to IMPROVEMENT.

With others, I attended this morning the Cabinet Member Signing where £86,000 of spending on identity re-branding was authorised by Cllr. Joe Goldberg.

Included in this spending is £20,000 on a "short" film to help promote the new brand identity. One of the answers I obtained was that the short film is 90 seconds in length (i.e. equal to £222.22 per second).

The associated new image that is the centrepiece of the re-branding is due for a "soft launch" on Monday.

However, I note that the Standard is carrying a story that depicts it.

Even though I had nothing to do with the placing of the story, my subsequent soundings confirm that this is indeed, Haringey's new logo. 

Someone suggested it looked like clip art.

Oh my .................................!

Oh my! Oh my! Indeed. Surely that article is just a hoax and the logo portrayed is a spoof!

That is not a logo it is the name of our Borough written in feltpen-like letters, as is mentioned in the spoof article.

V. Meldrew! I can't believe it!

JJ, believe it: the new logo is proudly splashed across the Council's home page from today (elderly may require a magnifying glass):

Bang goes the graffiti removal strategy.....

Gordon, the graffiti inspiration is one aspect. However, I'm sure you'll agree that, like most of us, you often forget the name of the city you're in.

The Borough's new logo contains a handy reminder.

and helpfully distinguishes us from Haringey/New York; Haringey/Paris; Haringey/Tokyo and/or Haringey/Peckham.  Oh dear, have I stumbled on world takeover plans?  Does anyone have the phone number of the Tardis?

Haven't yet seen the £20,000 film that lasts 90 seconds that is to help promote the identity re-branding.

Though it's claimed in part to attract new staff, the new logo may be thought (a) to be tactless towards staff made redundant in recent times and (b) to not be relevant for the richly rewarded Consultants that the Council hires, who may not be motivated by any new logo.

New Brand Identity Strategy for Haringey, Cabinet Member Signing
Friday, 18th September, 2015 9.30 am

Here is a link to the web page for the Agenda and draft Minutes of this morning's Cabinet Member Signing attended by Mr. Martin Ball, Cllr. Pippa Connor and me.

They were published at about half past five this afternoon.

The Ham and High have published a short story on the new logo and offered space for public comment, here.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service