Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The new build two-bed on Hewitt has just gone to market at a shade under £800,000. I'm very happy to have this s a new neighbour rather than another mock-Victortian. I had a look round a few weeks ago. It's a nice place.

Details at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-54463738.html

Views: 1165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. It looks great I have to say. Amazing what you can do with an old garage space (it was a garage, wasn't it?).

Where will the bins go???

Look at what they're doing at the bottom of Frobisher Rd and weep. Oh and further along Willoughby Rd the destruction of the old CAB building by Paul Simon is complete.

There are three small outside spaces, so I don't think there'll be a problem. 

looks like a nice place.

prefer your picture to the agent's one, hugh!

First impressions?!!! Hampstead-style, closed aspect, shut out the world! What's the point of the wall? OTOH quality interior.

I do like it even though it reminds me a little of the post-war prefabs on, I think, Frobisher Road [back to the future ha ha].  Nice use of second-hand London stocks.  Agree absolutely about the mock Victorians.

Loads of these "infill"/ back garden sites are coming into planning dept's at the mo.  I am interested in people's point of view on design  - do you think that the wall at the front should be lower to allow natural surveillance and be more integrated into the street?

The wall is the original garden wall. If it was taken down you wouldn't be able to surveil very much since there are only high level strip windows and a front door, apart from a side garden and a bin area. 

Arguably since an old wall is being left in situ, I don't think I have an issue. If a new barrier had been erected, I might (or might not) feel differently.  

Hugh, there was another one of these posted on the website recently, maybe be yourself - still doing some research in another borough - can you help?  Many thanks

What sort of help are you looking for?

Just examples of backland development which the above would be classed as - planning app no's etc would be great

The infill semi-detached at the top end of Umfreville is now externally complete and will have a garden wall over which complete surveillance will be possible but will be utterly unsatisfying*.

*Since no-one's living there, the speed of building (18 months and counting) is so slow that it looks like an 'on spec' development, and the internal works aren't finished, I don't think I'm insulting anyone's current residence.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service