Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Whilst researching local Italian restaurants on the ladder I looked on haringey online to see where local people recommended.

Seemed to only be able to find Durazzo on green lanes, but then I remembered relative newcomer Buonissimo on west green road ( turnpike lane end) so decided to give it a try. So glad we did!

I had the most delicious seafood spaghetti and my husband had a pizza- both authentic and yummy. We shared a starter and desert and had a couple of drinks each and came to £20 a head. Think that's great value and in my opinion was a much nicer environment than Durazzo(which seems more like a take away restaurant-. I'm sure the food is delicious and it's good value but the lighting and decor just don't do it for me. )

Buonissimo have really have made an effort with the place to make it a bit more trendy with exposed brickwork and natural wood and the staff were all Italian and very attentive.

Only thing was it was quiet for a Saturday night... Only two other tables occupied whilst we were there. I would hate for this place to close down because they are off the beaten track and people don't know they are there!

They also do take away which by the looks of it is what keeps the kitchen busy on a Saturday night.

Go down and give it a try - I'm excited that they are within walking distance and am already planning to take some friends along to spread the word. it's an exciting development for west green road, which is pretty grotty up that end and could do with some regeneration.

Tags for Forum Posts: buonissimo

Views: 2019

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also thought some of your critics were rather rude, and thought you responded very well.  I appreciate you taking the time to post your review, and your positivity.    And I might well pay Buonissimo a visit as a consequence - so thanks from me!  

Thank you hhnrau :) hope you enjoy it!! :)
Thanks Shoho-lyds for your posting. We went to Buonissimo tonight and were greatly impressed - the food was lovely.
Durazzo is the first and last time that I shall have a meal there.
I shall try Buonissimo and see if this Italian enjoys the food which at Durazzo I certainly did not.

Is this shut down? I walked past that end of West Green Road this morning and couldn't see it.

No, Blaise, it's just closed for August I think. There was a note saying it was re-opening 1st September.

Great, thanks Ian - I felt really disappointed as hadn't tried it yet. West Green Road seems to be showing small signs of improvement and it would have been gutting to see Buonissimo go after Tasty Bytes disappeared within a couple of months (most incredible Keralan food, a nice change from your big-standard Indian takeaway)

Will check it out in September!

Where was Tasty Bytes? I must have missed that one.

Here's the archived Just Eat entry, signage was still up for a bit but now gone:

http://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-tastybytes-n15

Thanks. I thought there was something still there. I'll have to check- I'm near enough.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service