Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We are replacing our PVCu French doors in the lounge with new timber ones but we're having trouble deciding on the design (google isn't particularly helpful).

We would like to have a traditional style of door but can't decide whether to have panels at the bottom (reducing light) or have one or two bars instead. When house hunting, I even recall seeing three square pains of glass at the top of each door which looked rather nice (some were coloured).

I would be grateful if anyone with a Ladder home would like to show off their doors (original or reproduction), and post on here or send me an email to give some inspiration.

Many thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: carpenter hamid, french windows, joiner

Views: 501

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great way of letting the local crooks know what sort of locks you've all got too!

Thanks for killing off that idea. An external image wouldn't compromise security as it would not reveal any internal locks.

Here's ours:

Cheers Ant.

Here are mine (on which I have more locks than you can shake a stick at, a burglar alarm and CCTV!). They were made by a Persian guy, (who I recommended on here), as an exact replica of the original doors (reusing glass where he could and ordering replica glass where he had to).. He's a great craftsman, but for a while used a second rate guy to do the hanging.)

You're talking about Hamid aren't you, Hugh? He'll be making mine but as I mentioned in an email to you, he uses a different fitter now (whom I have met).

That's great to see a set (albeit replica) of original doors, thank you! I'd love to see some more.

Yes, Hamid is the guy.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service