Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi, I have no idea if it's just my house or if several houses are suffering from a power cut? Any information or advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks!

Views: 341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ukpowernetworks.co.uk says:

INCIDENT REF: INCD-778153-H
INCIDENT RAISED: 24-MAR-2014 06:34:36
ESTIMATED RESTORATION TIME: 24-MAR-2014 
POTENTIALLY AFFECTED POSTCODE SECTORS: N8 0

they were doing some digging on sydney road - not sure if this is related. they managed to dig a nice big hole on thursday and then left if for the next 3 days to fill up with rubbish. thought they were back to fix it on sunday (ha! working on a sunday!) when I heard some banging, but no, it was someone who decided it was a nice place for a sink, but thought they better smash it up a bit first.

The houses around mine in Raleigh road are affected too. I've tweeted ukpowernetworks, and they've told me.they are.looking to reestablish the power by 1:30 :-(

Check @UKPowerNetworks's Tweet: https://twitter.com/UKPowerNetworks/status/543340556139913216?s=09

Oh well, at least they've replied quite quickly

Marc
15 seconds after you I posted a similar thing. its happening on frobisher. However I'm picking up a number of strong wifi signals which suggests that its not everyone in our viscinity thats being affected...

Power is distributed as 3-phase 415 volts: taking any two of those phases gives the usual 240 volts AC. If one of the three phases is disrupted then some houses will get a supply, other neighbouring ones will not.

So I should be annoyed with science and facts. Got you.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service