Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Salisbury Road/Grand Parade Waterfall. Help! Who do I call to complain?

We have a new water feature in Harringay it seems, just by the 341 bus stop on Salisbury Road. The sadly neglected Victorian mansion that houses Fairline is now covering the pavement, its own walls and people at the bus stop with water. Looking up I spy vegetation in the gutter (as well as a fine Victorian moulding that ain't gonna last at this rate).

So wonderful, knowledgeble HOL people... Who do I need to write to in order to complain? Anyone know who the owner/agent is? Do the council have rights to enforce maintenance on a property, especially if that property is causing a hindrance and possible even a danger to the public?

Over to you...

Tags for Forum Posts: Victorian heritage, grand parade, property maintenance, rogue landlords, salisbury road

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be sure to keep you updated with any news. Should i just keep posting on this discussion? Also, forgive my lack of technical knowledge, but is there some way I can set up an alert so that i know if someone has posted something to do with this discussion?
Maria, there's a link at the bottom of this page that says Follow. Click on it and you will get emails to let you know when someone answers the discussion.

I think its a good idea to keep this one going and keep all the info together.
For Liz's advice to work, you also have to ensure that settings that you access via your My Page are set for you to receive emails.

- Go to your My Page
- Top right, just below the tabs, go to Settings
- Top left, just below the tabs, go to emails

Then make sure that the following two items at the bottom of the page are checked:

* Follow discussions and blog posts I add
* Follow discussions and blog posts I reply to
All done, I hope. Thanks again. M
I noticed this morning that this old building is scaffolded. Are these repairs down to HOL activity?
The original leak was repaired quite a while ago and the scaffolding is for replacing brick work, repointing, roof etc. which is due owing to the age of the building. The scaffolding is going to be the latest nuisance in the area unfortunately as it has been there for 4 weeks already and no work seems to be taking place.There are many baby buggies and a few wheelchairs negotiating that corner as well as people at the bus stop.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service