Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there a film chosen, and if you do open a forum like last year, Id like to put forward 'Red Dog,'
A film about comradeship, fidelity, finding identity and community.

I still love where I grew up, and besides my joint best freind was a dog, 'Ay'!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym9dEpaldhk
May need to edit a few words...here and there.

No movies chosen yet. Thinking only two movies this year so it can start a bit later and so doesn't have the problems of sunshine on the screen again, and maybe have some other entertainment, music face painting etc, for before the movies start.

We need to get public screening licenses to show the movies, and thats not possible or easy for all movies. We've an account with Filmbank so really the choice is just what they have: http://www.filmbankmedia.com/films/#/standard-search

You could include a short or two from some local filmmakers...

That could work - do you have any specific suggestions or links to something?

I don't know of anyone personally, but shorts are an active scene so I'm guessing there are a few filmmakers on the ladder - maybe Hugh know of some?  There's an annual filmmaking competition for local boroughs including Haringey for instance. There used to be an international compo at Walthamstow at which this local got a prize once. 

There's also lots of shorts that should be free in the BFI archive if you want to celebrate a 'plus ça change' theme - Friends of Bruce Castle regularly screen them so should know which cost nought.

In a way I suppose, films of the locale are even more appropriate - home movies as it were. Here's a 1987 one about the greyhound stadium.

I like the poetic quality of this one about London in the 1950's:

And this approach:

This is a favourite:

Finally, thinking about your legacy as a group, maybe you could commission?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service