Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I like to keep myself informed of the policies, etc of the local candidates and opened the recent leaflet delivered on behalf of Sean Sullivan. I was extremely shocked and displeased to find a photograph of the said candidate standing next to the North Harringay Primary School sign in Falkland Road. I was shocked because he has never had any contact with the school in his capacity as a candidate and he has not had the courtesy of asking the school to use this image. I find his use of this image to be a cynical ploy to convince the local community of his links with us and have written to him to express my displeasure. I am also writing to the local press in this vain.

In addition, I have not seen any sign (other than this leaflet) of anyone canvassing on behalf of the Conservatives in this area. Has anyone else?

Tags for Forum Posts: 2010 local elections

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Yvonne,
I'm sorry you've taken offence to this. I know that Sean would not have used the image in any cynical way. It's merely a photo of him in the local area.

I am the local Conservative council candidate for Harringay and recently attended a parent/staff association meeting that was very successfully run by the South Harringay Primary School. I would recommend that your school tried this out too - parents and staff at South Harringay Primary School found it very useful and positive.

I'd be more than happy to talk to you about Conservative policy and pledges for schools. One such policy is the fact that we back NUT calls for Haringey schools to get fair funding:
http://www.tottenhamconservatives.com/page/32/

Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Tim
Thanks for this Tim. I am aware of the meeting held at South Harringay School and was not asking for contact from Sean Sullivan or any other political candidate with regards the forthcoming elelctions. We are, as a school, remaining neutral as we are an inclusive school and welcome all in the local community. But I do object to him using this image to insinuate that he has a contact which does not exist.

I am glad to hear that your party backs the call for fair funding for Haringey pupils. I don't recall seeing you or Sean Sullivan at the meeting held at the Professional Development Centre in February.

PS South Harringay is 2 schools, Infant and Junior Schools, and not a primary school.
Thanks again Tim for taking the time to respond. I am sorry to have to say that Sean Sullivan's email response to me was not as considered as yours.

Yvonne

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service