Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

...about 5.30pm today. Road closed, ambulances and armed police about... Don't know anything more.

Views: 378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last police cars seem to be leaving now; firearms teams and other officers arrived at around 1850, road was sealed for about 50 metres above Green Lanes. A neighbour says the incident involved four young people, that a man shot someone, then slipped the firearm to an accomplice.

Details still sketchy.

Back in May, 21-year-old Joseph Hylton of Umfreville Road was shot dead on Mt Pleasant Rd in Tottenham.
Latest update...

Incident started with an armed robbery in Walk & Talk, the mobile phone shop next to Harringay Green Lanes.
Thanks for the updates Kit!
two loud bangs cracked through the rain. In an instant two youths, both wearing balaclavas ran out of the Walk Talk phone shop opposite the hairdressers and ran across the road right in front of me. One was brandishing a black hand gun. In an instant the street was filled with locals, from nowhere they seemed to spill into the street to investigate the noises. As they saw the youths running up Umfreville Rd (the one before Burgoyne), in some crazy moment of Green Lanes solidarity, they all gave chase. This was literally right in front of my very eyes.

One guy grabbed a plank of wood lying outside the grocery store and the others just ran, barehanded after the youths. As the kid ran, he waved the gun behind him over his head to warn off the chasing pack. With a mixture of excitement and nerves I followed the drama up the street, until the kid with the gun had been caught, and someone lay on him. About 10 minutes later 5 police cars and a van were on hand to deal with it all
Outstanding. Lucky boy with gun wasn't more trigger happy.
"someone lay on him"?? Hilarious! Very lucky nobody got hurt, but great example of community action!
GO GO Green Lanes, I bloody love you.
wow! if only more people acted in this way, we would see less crime. Well done everyone great public spirit!!! This is why I love living in Harringay :)
Bloody hell, that's bonkers! Did anyone capture it all for youtube?
Gok Wan over here
Nomination for a Good Neighbour award Hugh ?
Seconded.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service