Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Some Fascinating Ward Level Stats from the 2011 Census

See how our hood is changing with some fascinating ward summary sheets prepared by Haringey Council. There are some big shifts reported!

Profiles attached for:

Harringay Ward

St Ann's Ward

Seven Sisters Ward

In 2007, when writing the Wikipedia article, I got all the stats for the 'super output areas' that comprise Harringay. I don't think I have the heart this time.....bit if anyone else has the inclination.......

Views: 540

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I suspect they missed a lot of people in the "warehouse district" and all that population growth in Harringay ward happened at the top of the ladder.

They may have done. I just looked at the Seven Sisters stats and there's nothing to suggest the sort of changes that one imagines would reflect the population in the warehouse district.

I was living in the Fountayne Road warehouses in 2011, and yep, no signs of census forms or census takers round that way...

So I'm in an ethnic minority

Can I claim any special treatment ? I don't mind being referred to as a Martian

That's really interesting, thanks Hugh. I've only had time for a quick look, but some big changes in a range of characteristics, from an increasing number of dwellings and people (both up by 26% plus) and a shifting age profile (more 25-35 year olds than in 2001).

The increased number of dwellings is the thing that really struck me - there haven't been any big developments in Harringay since 2001 have there? So is this all through houses being converted into flats?

Same things struck me, Alison. My guess about housing was the same as yours, but it certainly does; feel they my road has changed in this sort of way. I wonder how much the greater focus ion getting a high level of data return for the 2011 has affected results?

John, why do you point to the North of the Ladder?

"Big shits" Which ward?!

Titter...corrected.

Bit surprised to see some errors in this report - they only have one job and that job is statistics. But I suppose these things happen (an increase in one case being reported in the same chart as a drop of several per cent, for example).

Who should we point this out to?

I'd call the main switchboard at the Council and let them direct you.

What errors, out of interest?

I haven't got the document open at the moment, but there were just one or two cases where (say) '1000 of x in 2001 rose to 2000 of x 2011 - and the accompanying commentary then talked about a percentage drop in x - most likely the numbers were just the wrong way around in the table, but also possible that a significant change was misread in the wrong direction. 

Thanks - definitely worth flagging up.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service