Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

When I came home today, I was unlocking my front door and noticed a piece of cellotape taped across the join between the door and the frame. I'm sure it wasn't there before and we certainly didn't put it there. Has anyone else experienced this? I figure someone could come back at night and see if the tape had broken if the door had been opened....or I could be wrong....?

Tags for Forum Posts: burglary, crime

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jen, can I please urge you if you are in way concerned about your home security to contact your Safer Neighbourhood team and arrange for an officer to come round and do a home security check.
I see you are not covered by Harringay SNT.

If you are St Ann's SNT, these are the contact details:
http://www.met.police.uk/teams/haringey/stanns/
or by phone on 0208 721 2670

or you can probably google your local team.

They will come around and advise you on weak points in your security and for Harringay and St Ann's also fit letterbox covers and other security devices. They will also arrange for a fire safety inspection.

You should also report any suspicions you have about strange behaviour/occurences on your property.
A few months ago I kept finding elastic bands placed across my gateposts. I didn't worry about it, just put it down to kids etc. Some time later a police officer knocked on the door and asked me if I had noticed this - he had just removed another band. He told me that it was a tactic used by burglars when targetting a property; put the band across the gate, if it's still there a few hours later, the property might be empty. This is then followed up by them ringing the doorbell.

You can't stop this from happening, so do steps to protect your property - get advice on window locks, chubbs, an alarm system maybe.
I've heard of squatters using the cellotape trick to see if a property is occupied, but I guess there's no reason why burglars wouldn't use it too.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service