Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Water Meter - Do you have to have one ? If you do can you insist on having outside the house

Hi all ,

Thames water have been round saying they want to install a water meter .

They said it will have to be installed inside the house .

Firstly can we say 'No i don't want a meter'.

And secondly if we have to have one can we say we wan't it outside the house .

Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: water meters

Views: 941

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As Thames Water are responsible for the pipework up to the meter, I would opt to have it in the building like my father insisted on having 20 years ago!

Our meter is under the pavement outside our front gate.

I had massive problems a water bill which Thames Water took a over a year to resolve. They finally worked out they had the wrong meter for my flat and had to fit a new one. The people I first dealt with -- their call centre team who were absolutely useless-- told me I had to have one inside. But I asked the people who finally fitted the meter where was best to have it. They told me outside so I wouldn't have to have all the hassle of being in whenever someone needed to check it. So that's what I went with and I am pleased I did

Thames Water knocked on our door too (we're on Falkland) and when we said we didn't want one, she showed us a document which said the Government HAS granted compulsory metering for this area. So we don't a choice, sadly. She did say they would be trying to put them outside rather than in the flat and apparently there's a two-year 'settling in' period where you can still receive your old estimated bills so you can see how much the water meter will cost you before it changes over permanently.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service