Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Booked to leave Kings Cross at 0737 and pass Finsbury Park 0744 on its way to Newcastle on the 'Silver Jubilee Talisman'. Return to York under steam, not London.  All together now: "last minute cancellation or diesel substitution excepted", as so often this year.

Silver Jubilee significance: it is now 25 years since the original group agreed to build the first entirely new steam locomotive since 1960.

Detailed live times here http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U53232/2015/09/26/advanced

After this, what? There is a Warminster to Ely trip on 10th October (no timings available yet) which stops at West Hampstead - but a similar trip same time last year went through Gospel Oak and Stratford, not Harringay Green Lanes or Harringay. Gospel Oak and a late breakfast may beckon.

After that, it's Sat 31 Oct, the White Rose: London Kings Cross to/from York, with 60009 Union of South Africa. We hope.

EDIT, 13/10 - 60009 will be unavailable. 46233 Duchess of Sutherland, an LMS engine will run instead.

More detail from the Uksteam website:  http://www.uksteam.info/tours/index.htm

Views: 586

Replies to This Discussion

I think the 10 October  Warminster - Ely trip will be via the NLL and Stratford, none of the connections off the T&H face in the right direction. Unless, of course, the train was routed via the ECML, then of course it could use Harringay curve, but even then there is the alternative North London Incline at Camden Road.

Hurrah. A charter as advertised. "Tornado" looked splendid thundering past Finsbury Park on a glorious autumn morning.

And at least two families with small children enjoyed it at Harringay.

Your picture's much better than mine would have been, even before the small waving hand in shot!

Good for them - and you - I say.

Sat 10 Oct route is via *South Tottenham* about 1125, return via Harringay 1905ish (details here) so it will be gloomy at best, sunset is 1819.  Outward better than predicted, via Gospel Oak (about 1035)/South Tottenham/Seven Sisters about 1125, detailed times here.

Anyone see 'Mayflower' with the 'Cathedrals Express' at South Tottenham this morning? Unfortunately I missed her so would like to see any photos. BGORUG would be grateful for a copy for the archive too.

Wasn't there either, but there's one, so far, on Flickr, here.

Looks like the next visit of 'Mayflower' and 'the Cathedrals Express' to the Barking - Gospel Oak route will be 19 December Southend - Winchester www.CathedralsExpress.co.uk

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service