Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A trip from London to Matlock via Peterborough, Stamford and Loughborough. A slightly circuitous journey starting at Kings Cross, but I don't think steam is allowed at St Pancras. The Railway Touring Company's website gives departure from Kings Cross as 0906, so 0910-0915 at Harringay.

The locomotive is 34052 'Lord Dowding'.  Well if the owner says it is, it is, but look underneath the fresh paint and nameplate and you'd find 'Braunton' (34046) newly back from overhaul - the renaming is a reflection of the continuing commemoration of the Battle of Britain. Its first outing was last Sunday, taking Crystal Palace football fans to Southampton for the final match of the season - Palace lost but perhaps the fans didn't mind too much, since the team and manager were on the return trip. The first steam-hauled football excursion for 50 years, apparently.

As for 'Flying Scotsman', it has been repaired and is expected to come south today before an excursion tomorrow morning from Paddington to Salisbury. What time it may come through Harringay I haven't found out, and it may well be headed by a diesel anyway. It was due to leave York about 1000 is all I know.

Views: 371

Replies to This Discussion

34052 through Harringay.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service