Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Lincoln Christmas Market, a draw from far and wide, is this weekend. A return visit to Harringay from 'Duchess of Sutherland' about 0915, with another to follow next Saturday - but that one will be in twilight around 0715.

Excursion details on the Railway Touring Company website, live times here.  

The carriages for the service are coming all the way from Carnforth on Saturday morning, hopefully they will not be delayed. Timings for that here. If Carnforth, in northern Lancashire, rings a bell, some of the classic film 'Brief Encounter' was filmed there.

Views: 434

Replies to This Discussion

Mayflower should be back on the T&H on 19 December with a Southend - Winchester Cathedrals Express.

Thanks Gordon. I lived not far from Carnforth along the Cumbrian Coast line as a kid and spent many happy hours 'on shed' there.

I went on 'The Lindum Fayre' excursion a couple of years ago behind 'Union of South Africa', superb!

Chris

It takes real skill to photograph a steam engine and get a railway post smack in the middle of the picture.  But I have just achieved it as 46223 "Duchess of Sutherland" thundered through Finsbury Park towards Lincoln!

Attachments:

When 'Duchess of Sutherland' arrived from Southall, shortly followed by the carriages from Carnforth, it was twilight so my photos were dimly lit and 'impressionist' - OK, blurred. But it wasn't entirely a wasted early start: here's the view from the station footbridge - booking office and resident pigeon to left, Woodberry Down tower blocks centre.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service