Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

haringey new logo

Thoughts?

Thanks goes to Lib Dem councillor Clive Carter for highlighting & confirming here that this is the new logo.

Views: 5080

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alan can I respectfully ask you to use Helvetica Bold for the "LONDON" part and not what appears to be Helvetica Narrow (or similar). It's important to respect the integrity of the original.

Nothing whatever to do with the original, Clive.  

Different fonts. 

Just two lines of text.

It's a logo, Clive.   But not as we know it.

By the way, have you seen that JoeGo's logo is in the (National) Independent? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/council-shells-out-86...

THANKS for the update Alan.

Once again, Haringey makes the national press for all the wrong reasons. I'm beginning to think that this logo will not out-last the present leadership of the Labour Party.

Instead of solid, serious and authoritative, we get wacky, funky and childish. It will doubtless have some appeal for the vulnerable and the feeble-minded.

It's tailor-made for ridicule and this is not a good attribute for the identifying mark of the Local Authority (By the way, I do not mean to discourage you from your photoshopping efforts.)

Since the £86,000 has now already been spent, all that is left to ordinary residents is to attempt the finest parody in London. This would prove that the average reading age and intelligence of Haringey residents is greater than the Council apparently believes.

No Ladder/ Ladders?

If nothing else, it's heartening to see that Haringey has succeeded in doing one thing that has united elements from all ends of the political and social spectrum in horror and dismay. In that respect it's a bit like dumped mattresses...

:)

I am dyslexic and my friend is colour blind and neither of us can read this properly. Take it that wasn't taken into consideration. And why aggressive red, as Mr Goldberg said "“The new brand identity is there to tell Haringey’s true story, and foremost to tell the stories of the people who live and work here.”, is that how we are seen? Aggressive and hard to read or understand?

I also wanted to know what is going to happen to all the stuff that has the old branding. Like the all the bags, t-shirts, wrist straps, badges, water bottles (smarter travel goodies), wheelie bins, street signs, building signage, flyers, booklets etc etc? Will it all just be dumped?

Repeating my post on the party's FB page - The one bit of 'consultation' that the Kabal seems to listen to is that with Youth. For example, focus groups with schoolkids re building design, revealed that they really like skyscrapers. So of course what they will provide is lots of shiny skyscrapers. I bet this design came top with the Youth Logo Focus Groups.

As highlighted over at Clive's thread (by Mark Smith) which broke the story locally here in Haringey, here are the logos of other boroughs to compare. This thread concentrates on the appeal or not of the new logo rather than the wider £86,000 spend mission of rebranding.

Yes, as others have started to say it does appear that the council see this as a youthful design, maybe even sort of edgy etc. My kids reaction was one of disbelief. There are some good examples here, Sutton, maybe Redbridge, others more formal and a few just plain boring such as Barnet & Croydon. None are like Haringey's so at the very least it will certainly stand out!

Partners Logo

Only one other council, Southwark, departs from a typeface - their logo can be read as a handwritten signature by/for the borough, with a nod to the shape of the River Thames as part of the borough boundary.  

PS The Evening Standard story has now been recycled in The Independent, so it's now gone national. Given Mr Corbyn was a Haringey (and Harringay) councillor, Mr Cameron might try a quip at the next PMQs.

Dave thanks for this helpful aide memoire. None of the logos above could reasonably be described as kindergarten-like or overtly puerile. Our Borough's new logo could.

Think of your children as a small Focus Group. I'm curious as to their age and how they expressed their disbelief.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service